Below you can read the most important rules and terms of our business:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When renting a vehicle from Motor Inn, it is important that you comply with the following terms and conditions:
● You must never drive on dirt / gravel roads or on roads whose surface, size or condition involves risk to the Vehicle, such as beaches, unsuitable roads, paths, mountains, etc., or any unauthorized or unpaved road.
● Do not use the vehicle for purposes that exceed its capacity or authorized use, such as transporting goods, giving driving lessons, pushing or pulling another vehicle or trailer, or driving on unsuitable or unauthorized roads.
● Return the vehicle, the respective key, and all accessories provided in the same state that you received them at the end of the rental period. The fuel tank must also be returned in the same condition as when you picked up the vehicle.
● Drive the vehicle in accordance with traffic laws and regulations, and ensure that you are familiar with local traffic and driving rules.
● Never drive the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, hallucinogens, narcotics, barbiturates, or any substance (legal or illegal) that may affect or impair your ability to drive.
Motor Inn reserves the right to demand the immediate return of the vehicle. We hope that you have a safe and enjoyable rental experience with Motor Inn.
- We will refuse rental if we think that the driver is not safe for any reason (e.g lack of skill, suspected alcohol use etc)
We require a credit or debit card but we will not block a security deposit on it ( pre authorisation) except in cases like taking the vehicle to another island, driver's age is under 23 yo etc.
Our cancellation policy is very flexible, you can cancel your reservation for any reason up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
To drive a Motor Inn vehicle, the driver must meet the following requirements:
1. Be at least 21 years old
2. Hold a valid driver's license for at least one year
3. Be authorized by Motor Inn and have signed the rental contract
● For scooters up to 50cc, drivers must hold an EU class B or AM driver's license. Non-EU drivers must have a motorcycle driver's permit, even for scooters under 50cc.
● For scooters and motorbikes up to 125cc, Greek law requires an EU driver's license A1 or a motorcycle driver's license for non-EU countries. For vehicles over 125cc, an
EU A or A2 license and a full motorcycle license are required for drivers from countries outside the EU. Please be aware that in Greece, it is necessary to have a motorcycle driver's license A1 to operate a scooter with an engine size over 50cc, even if you hold a B license that allows you to operate a 125cc scooter in your home country.
● Driver's licenses recognized in Greece include those issued by all EU member states, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and all countries listed in the Vienna 1968 UN treaty on Road traffic. Motor inn will deny the leasing charging 1 day’s rental in case the driver does not have all the needed documents or does not have the proper age (21 years)
TRANSPORTATION OF THE VEHICLE OUTSIDE SANTORINI
Do not take the vehicle outside the island where it was rented unless you have written consent from Motor Inn. To get permission you must leave a security deposit as pre authorization on the credit card and agree to return the vehicle to Santorini at your own expense in case of breakdown, even if it is not your fault.
At Motor Inn, all rental vehicles are covered for third-party liability as required by Greek law. In addition to this, we offer Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW) insurance, which are optional and cover the driver's responsibility for the rental car.
The CDW insurance has a deductible that varies from €300 to €900 depending on the vehicle category. When filling out the reservation form, you will be notified of the deductible
for the vehicle you are renting. For added peace of mind, you can opt for the SCDW insurance, which has zero deductible.
Please note that violating the rental terms and conditions, such as driving off-road or under the influence of alcohol or other substances, will void the CDW or SCDW insurance. It is important to drive responsibly and abide by all traffic laws and regulations.
For any question or clarification please use the contact form.